i copied this straight from one of our handouts from CROSSROADS (the conference I attended this past weekend). i thought it was a great tool & exercise and wanted to share it with you. //
Using our Minds (wisdom, reasoning, common sense, responding to need)
Willard (in search of guidance)
Using your God-given sound mind evaluate the following 3 things about yourself and the world: (a, b, c) 1 Tim 1:7, 1 Cor 2:14-16
a. GIFTS & ABILITIES – Matthew 25, talents, stewardship.
- what are my spiritual and natural gifts?
- what are my strengths and weaknesses? what am i not good at?
- what has my academic and spiritual training prepared me for?
- how has the Lord used me in the past? effectiveness?
b. NEEDS in the WORLD and in the CHURCH
- what am i burdened for? what suffering and injustive most troubles you what grips your heart?
- how do i see the pain and brokenness of the world
- where is God at work in some special way at this time? a unique opening for the Gospel?
- what opportunities could i be a part of and use my gifts in at this time?
- what do i already have a vision for?
- in what way do i long to see God glorified more? in worship. reverence. intimacy.
- what group of people am i most motivated to reach for Christ at this time in my life?
c. DESIRES & PASSIONS
- what do i enjoy and find motivating?
- when serving others, what gives me the greatest joy?
- what am i passionate about?
- what do i want to do more than anything else in the whole world?
STEP OUT IN FAITH AND TRUST GOD TO DIRECT YOUR STEPS AND COVER FOR YOUR MISTAKES.