I’m finally reading the Four Loves by CS Lewis, and I have already stumbled upon some great dictionary-needed words. I am compiling a list. The first word I looked up was:
In the sentence:
“Space and time, in their own fashion mirror His greatness; all life, His fecundity; animal life, His activity.”
Definitions from dictionary.com
1. the quality of being fecund; capacity, esp. in female animals, of producing young in great numbers.
2. fruitfulness or fertility, as of the earth.
3. the capacity of abundant production: fecundity of imagination.
1. producing or capable of producing offspring, fruit, vegetation, etc., in abundance; prolific; fruitful: fecund parents; fecund farmland.
2. very productive or creative intellectually: the fecund years of the Italian Renaissance.
Pretty interesting. I love etymology and such. :). I could use more fecundity in my life…speaking creatively of course. Haha.